Hot Line Construction has one of the best safety records in the industry. From day one, our goal has been to eliminate accidents and injuries and comply with all environmental regulations.
Safety and Health Program
Our comprehensive Safety and Health Program is designed to promote a culture of “safety first” by training employees to follow safe practices and recognize and correct unsafe working conditions.
Active participation and adherence to our safety program is a condition of employment, a part of every team member’s job.
Prior to each work shift, all of our crews and employees conduct a thorough tailboard conference. These tailboards identify all aspects of the job at hand, safety requirements, environmental and hazardous conditions, and safety procedures.
We train each crew member to identify unsafe or hazardous conditions as a job progresses and to discuss with other crew members how to conduct all jobs safely.
Hot Line provides all employees with the most advanced safety gear and equipment available.
We employ several full-time safety managers who perform a number of safety-related duties, including:
- Conducting weekly employee safety meetings and training our employees to follow the most current safety practices and procedures
- Attending Cal-OSHA safety meetings and other classes to remain current on all safety-related issues
- Conducting on-site job inspections to identify any unsafe, hazardous or environmental conditions that might exist
- Verifying that all employees are wearing proper safety gear and that all safety policies and procedures are being followed
- Being available 24/7 to address any safety issue that may arise
Environmental Policy Program
Hot Line’s Environmental Policy Program provides a framework for our employees and partners to establish environmental awareness and preservation.
Hot Line Construction is committed to conducting business in a manner that addresses environmental issues responsibly. We fulfill this commitment by:
- Complying with environmental regulations
- Conducting operations in an environmentally sound manner
- Applying the principals of reduce, reuse and recycle in our processes
- Promoting environmental responsibility among our employees
- Pursuing continuous improvement in our environmental performance
To these ends, Hot Line employs a full-time environmental manager to oversee compliance and ensure employees are trained and knowledgeable in environmental policies and regulations.